CRM Package for Cardiac Device Specialists
The Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Package begins with a skills assessment and report for the clinical team manager. The learning package includes foundational lessons in anatomy and rhythm analysis and progresses all the way to advanced concepts and virtual clinical rotations. Whether your team is transitioning from an adjacent field or simply strengthening knowledge, by the end of this package they will build a strong conceptual and practical understanding of cardioverter implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) such as pacemakers and ICDs and corresponding therapies. Learner utilize a variety of modalities, including Video Lessons and their accompanying Knowledge Checks, Checkpoints that highlight key concepts, Postcard Puzzles to improve visual memory, 3D interactive Virtual Tours, and Milestones that allow learner to assess comprehension and critical thinking for the entire course. After training completion, a post-assessment and report is provided to track performance and improvement of the team.
- Cardiac anatomy and physiology: mechanical and electrical function
- Step by step rhythm strip analysis and introduction to the 12 lead ECG
- Brady therapy: pacemaker operation, paced rhythm analysis, and common troubleshooting scenarios
- Sudden cardiac death, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and the fundamentals of tachy therapy
- Heart failure, cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), and the challenges of biventricular capture
- Role of the device rep in a CIED implant including procedural specifics
- Step by step device follow up and advanced device programming
- Advanced troubleshooting scenarios and long-term patient management
- Virtual programmer and PSA practice
- Simulated common case scenarios and interactive recordings of CRM cases
The online package may be complemented with a variety of onsite training options offered at the PrepMD award-winning facility in the Boston area.